[comp.sys.mac.misc] Whatever happened to ftp.apple.com????

time@tbomb.ice.com (Tim Endres) (01/12/91)

In article <1991Jan11.155203@hari.Viewlogic.COM>, peter@hari.Viewlogic.COM (Peter Colby) writes:
> 	It was promised months ago but still hasn't happened yet - are the
> lawyers still keeping everyone busy???

I *just* successfully ftp-ed to "apple.com".

tim.

Tim Endres                |  time@ice.com
ICE Engineering           |  uupsi!ice.com!time
8840 Main Street          |
Whitmore Lake MI. 48189   |  (313) 449 8288

shores@fergvax.unl.edu (Shores) (01/15/91)

I was on ftp.apple.com a few weeks ago, and while I concede that it
still "under construction", the 'ls' command only works by itself.
'dir', 'ls -l', etc. don't work at all.  I hope they finish it
someday, because in it's current state it isn't very helpful.
ftp.apple.com is also the only site that I've noticed that says 'CUL8R'
when you close the connection.  Perhaps they are working on their own
version of the ftp shell.

% t-o-m  s-h-o-r-e-s

"It's fallen and I can't get it up" --That old lady's husband

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) (01/18/91)

As quoted from <shores.663893795@fergvax> by shores@fergvax.unl.edu (Shores):
| ftp.apple.com is also the only site that I've noticed that says 'CUL8R'
| when you close the connection.  Perhaps they are working on their own
| version of the ftp shell.

Eh?  cs.bu.edu gave that to me on Monday.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery@NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN