[comp.sys.mac.misc] Lisa

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (01/24/91)

In article <1991Jan22.200544.14393@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> wfp5p@euclid.acc.Virginia.EDU (William F. Pemberton) writes:

> I have just run across a Lisa with a 10MB hard disk that I can get for
> $350.  I am pretty much a MS-DOS person, so I know very little about this
> machine or Macs.  Can anybody tell me if there is anything useful that
> can be done with a Lisa?  I understand there is a way to make it run
> Mac programs, is this at all useful?

You need to call 1-800-821-3221 and ask for a catalog.  This number is
for Sun Remarketing.  They specialize in supporting non-current Macs.
This includes selling new Lisa's, Mac XL, developing enhancements, selling
MacWorks and MacWorks+ (to allow a Lisa to boot the Mac system), and
all kinds of parts.

I have dealt with them in the past and they have treated very fairly and
Sun Remarketing does back up thier warranties.

If nothing else, a Sun Remarketing catalog will give you a taste of whats
available and what you are getting into.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john