[comp.sys.mac.misc] IIsi monitors

hjelmflt@mira (Eric Hjelmfelt) (01/25/91)

What options does one have for purchasing a color monitor to be used with the built-in video card on a IIsi?

Is one stuck with Apple, Inc monitors?  That is what a salesperson at Ehman told me.  The MacUser article about the three new macs seemed to say so, too.

Please tell me this isn't so!

Eric Hjelmfelt
hjelmflt@symcom.math.uiuc.edu

In article <1991Jan24.182824.2217@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> hjelmflt@mira (Eric Hjelmfelt) writes:
>What options does one have for purchasing a color monitor to be used with the built-in video card on a IIsi?
>
>Is one stuck with Apple, Inc monitors?  That is what a salesperson at Ehman told me.  The MacUser article about the three new macs seemed to say so, too.

Since many multisync monitors can accept the same video as the Apple Hi-res
RGB monitor, this seems unlikely.  A custom cable is necessary, but that is
not new.

feinberg@acsu.buffalo.edu (john a feinberg) (01/26/91)

Two monitors that the mail order companies claim are compatible with the IIsi
are the NEC MacSync and the Magnavox 14" monitor.  I sure hope they're right,
since I have a Magnavox sitting on my desk right now, awaiting the arrival of
a Mac IIsi.  I think it is safe to assume that a monitor that works with the
IIci will work with the IIsi.  The Magnavox came with a plug that went on the
end of the cable that was called a IIci adaptor.
And another note:  the NEC monitor was backordered 3 weeks everywhere I called,
while the Magnavox was actually in stock at a couple of companies.

John Feinberg
SUNY Buffalo