[comp.sys.mac.misc] MS Word to PostScript

paixao@ug.cs.dal.ca (Nuno M. Paixao) (01/26/91)

Is there any way of converting an MS-Word document to Postscript format
to dump directly to a laserprinter. I am pretty sure there is no means of
doing this using MS Word itself, but I am sure that there must be some
sort of utility that will perform this function.

			Any comments...

--
Nuno M. Paixao    \\ PAIXAO@UG.CS.DAL.CA  \\  So I don't have an exciting
2319 Clifton St.  \\ DEXTER@AC.DAL.CA     \\  .SIGNATURE file.... If you

djm@pro-odyssey.cts.com (David McDowell) (01/28/91)

I'm not sure what you're asking for but I'll attempt an answer. What you need
is a(or several) post script screen and printer fonts. These fonts are post
script: Times, Helvetica, Courier, New Century Schoolbook, Lucida, Bookman,
Palatino. Once you've typed out the document if you change the font for the
whole document to one of these, you can then take your doc. to a laser
printer that has the font downloaded. Or of course you can download the
printer font yourself. Does that help?
----
ProLine:  djm@pro-odyssey
Internet: djm@pro-odyssey.cts.com