[comp.sys.mac.misc] Need Helv 24 and Palatino 24

Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com (01/27/91)

When I boot HyperCard 2.0, I always get a modal dialog "ok" box that
tells me I don't have Helvetica 24 and Palatino 24 in my system.
I am using ATM, which makes everything look fine anyway, but... I
dislike this modal dialog.  WHERE can I get Helv24 and Pal24???
Help?!  Can someone suggest something or point me in the right
direction?  (I realize this is a minor concern, but it's starting
to feel a bit like water torture...)  :-)
Thanks.
Randy Padawer
Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com

jkc@Apple.COM (John Kevin Calhoun) (01/27/91)

In article <38498@cup.portal.com> Justin_Randall_Padawer@cup.portal.com
(Randy Padawer) writes:
>When I boot HyperCard 2.0, I always get a modal dialog "ok" box that
>tells me I don't have Helvetica 24 and Palatino 24 in my system.
>I am using ATM, which makes everything look fine anyway, but... I
>dislike this modal dialog.  WHERE can I get Helv24 and Pal24???
>Help?!  Can someone suggest something or point me in the right
>direction?  (I realize this is a minor concern, but it's starting
>to feel a bit like water torture...)  :-)

Look in the stack script of your Home stack for the startUp handler.
It will look something like this:

on startUp
  -- Requires handler: getHomeInfo,checkForMissingFonts
  -- gets and sets the user's preferences
  getHomeInfo
  checkForMissingFonts -- inform user of missing fonts
  .
  .
  pass startUp -- so others can use it
end startUp

Comment out or remove the line that begins with "checkForMissingFonts".

Kevin Calhoun
HyperCard Team
Apple Computer, Inc.

pj@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Paul Jacoby) (01/29/91)

[regarding commenting out the  checkForMissingFonts  handler]

Curiousity question: Why does HC 2.0 do this check?  Are all the stacks really
ugly with Palatino :-)  I haven't had a chance to install my 2.0v2 upgrade
yet...
| UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!pj            | RTFD = Read The Silly Doc! |
| INET: pj@pnet51.orb.mn.org                     |                            |