[comp.sys.mac.misc] charts & graphs

wilsonbr@buster.cps.msu.edu (Brian R Wilson) (01/29/91)

Hello mac users,

I am a college student looking for a cheap, and hopefully free to start
with (Public Domain or Shareware) to do charts and graphs.

I currently use excel, but my experience has been that it isn't very
good for doping graphs.  I have access to any ftp sites (which is where
I would like to download the program from.)

I know that ftp sites shouldn't be given out over the net, so I would
really appreciate e-mail giving me the address or even the name of the
program.

I hhave never used this newsgroup, so hold back the flame-throwers if I
am in the wrong newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.

Brian (wilsonbr@buster.cps.msu.edu)

n138ct@tamuts.tamu.edu (Brent Burton) (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan29.001330.22798@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> wilsonbr@buster.cps.msu.edu (Brian R Wilson) writes:

>I am a college student looking for a cheap, and hopefully free to start
>with (Public Domain or Shareware) to do charts and graphs.
>
>I know that ftp sites shouldn't be given out over the net, so I would
>really appreciate e-mail giving me the address or even the name of the
>program.

Brian,
   the actual ftp sites ARE able to be mentioned on the net.  There is no
restriction with this and also, this is how we learn about the ftp sites...

At sumex-aim.stanford.edu (I believe) or 36.44.0.6 (I'm sure) cd to
the info-mac directory.  Maybe in the /info-mac/app directory there
should be a fzzplot program.  Fzzplot creates decent line and point
charts, complete with error bars.  It was handy for several physics
labs I had.  Try it out, but I don't guarantee anything I have said
above.  (wow, the above lines are perfectly justified!)

Hope this helps...
             | Brent P. Burton      | n138ct@tamuts.tamu.edu   |
             | Texas A&M University | Computer Science/Physics |