[comp.sys.mac.misc] Radius Pivot vs. MS Word, Why aren't menus LARGE

myoung@joker.sgi.com (Mark Young) (01/29/91)

I've a friend with a Radius Pivot monitor who has configured the menus
to be LARGE.  The menus seem to be large for all applications except
MS Word...

Am I missing something obvious?

If you have a solution or pointer, please e-mail me as I don't frequent
this newsgroup.

...myoung

myoung@sgi.com
uunet!sgi!myoung

ml27192@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (lanett mark) (01/30/91)

myoung@joker.sgi.com (Mark Young) writes:

>I've a friend with a Radius Pivot monitor who has configured the menus
>to be LARGE.  The menus seem to be large for all applications except
>MS Word...

>Am I missing something obvious?

Yes. This is a Microsoft application you're talking about.

MS uses their own window and menu defs, so it's no surprise when a modifying
program doesn't modify them. There's no workaround (except WriteNow :-))

Mark Lanett