[comp.sys.mac.misc] Connecting Wren IV, V, and VI to Mac SCSI ports.

psg@philabs.philips.com (01/30/91)

We have, here at work, a bunch of Wren IVs (344Meg), Wren Vs (612Meg)
and Wren VIs (701Meg) surplussed out of other machines. We would like
to connect them to some of the Macs we have here. We have all the
appropriate SCSI cabling and connectors. What software do I need to
format the drives, install the drivers and otherwise set them up so
that the Mac recognizes them. I have a floppy called CMS utilities
which is able to query and return the correct SCSI id of the drives
but can only format etc specific drives upto 80Meg. Where can I obtain
the requisite software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In a similar vein I have the same problem with an external DC 600A
tape backup unit with a SCSI interface. What do I need to use it with
a Mac other than the usual complement of cables and connectors.

regards
prabha
--
Prabha Gopinath					Off. (914)-945-6539 (m/c)
Philips Research Laboratories			Res. (914)-736-3270 (m/c)

rrr@u02.svl.cdc.com (Rich Ragan) (01/30/91)

In <117973@philabs.Philips.Com> psg@philabs.philips.com writes:

>We have, here at work, a bunch of Wren IVs (344Meg), Wren Vs (612Meg)
>and Wren VIs (701Meg) surplussed out of other machines. We would like
>to connect them to some of the Macs we have here. ...Where can I obtain
> the requisite software?

Carl Nelson & Associates (Name may have changed)
4327 Rucker Avenue
Everett WA 98201
(206) 252-6897
They offered a driver for the Wren III and I believe the same driver
will work on the other SCSI Wren models. They may have specific drivers
for them though.

Micronet also has drivers for these disks but I don't know if
they sell the software standalone without a disk purchase.
--
Richard R. Ragan   rrr@svl.cdc.com    (408) 496-4340
Control Data Corporation - Silicon Valley Operations