[comp.sys.mac.misc] SE with FPD - how slow??

stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu (Tim Stearns) (01/30/91)

I am considering the purchase of a full page monitor for my SE, and
have a question for anyone who has such a set-up:

How much is the performance of the SE affected by addition of a full
page monitor?

I should add that I use my computer mostly for word processing and
simple graphics and the SE has been sufficiently fast - so far (:->.

Tim Stearns
stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu

hunter@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Hunter Scales) (01/31/91)

stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu (Tim Stearns) writes:

>I am considering the purchase of a full page monitor for my SE, and
>have a question for anyone who has such a set-up:

>How much is the performance of the SE affected by addition of a full
>page monitor?

	Full page isn't bad, two page is unbearable.  Why dont you
	avoid the whole situation by getting a monitor/accelerator
	such as Mobius or ClearVue?
	Mobius sells a full page for $995 with a 25MHz 030 that
	uses an on-board 32-bit bus it should be as fast as IIci.

>I should add that I use my computer mostly for word processing and
>simple graphics and the SE has been sufficiently fast - so far (:->.

>Tim Stearns
>stearns@socrates.ucsf.edu
---
Motorola Semiconductor Inc.             Hunter Scales
Austin, Texas                           oakhill!hunter@cs.utexas.edu
#include <disclaimer.h>