[comp.sys.mac.misc] unix on mac plus?

cohen@tramp.Colorado.EDU (COHEN MATTHEW I) (02/05/91)

My friend is not as blessed as the rest of us, and is forced to use
a mac plus with the old-style keyboard that does not have a cntrl key
Is there any way for him to get around the ^D needed at the end of a
email message?

Thanx much

|****The Deathknight*****| I'm gonna stick around     | REALITY is for people  |
|-----Matthew Cohen------| 'till I can't see straight!| who can't handle       |
|Cohen@Spot.Colorado.edu |--Cohen@tramp.colorado.edu--|    FANTASY!!!!         |

rock@warp.Eng.Sun.COM (Bill Petro) (02/05/91)

cohen@tramp.Colorado.EDU (COHEN MATTHEW I) writes:

>My friend is not as blessed as the rest of us, and is forced to use
>a mac plus with the old-style keyboard that does not have a cntrl key
>Is there any way for him to get around the ^D needed at the end of a
>email message?

>Thanx much

1) Most good telecommunication/terminal emulator software packages allow
you to configure the cntrl key.  White Knight lets you configure the
option or command key.

2) Most unix mail programs let you terminate the email message with
a period on a line by itself.  Just put "set dot" in the .mailrc file.

--
     Bill Petro  {decwrl,hplabs,ucbvax}!sun!Eng!rock
"UNIX for the sake of the kingdom of heaven"  Matthew 19:12