[comp.sys.mac.misc] Need help with printer

jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) (02/05/91)

Recently I bought an Olympis NP30 printer.
It is supposed to be compatible with any Macintosh
printer like ImageWriter I or II. I follow the manual
but I can only make it work if I connect it to the
modem port. But my modem is connected to the modem
port. Is anyone out there using such kind of printer?
Is there any way to make it work by using the printer
port only?

Thanks in advance.
					Jesse Lee
					jesse@cs.ualberta.ca

jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) (02/06/91)

jesse@cs.UAlberta.CA (Jesse Lee) writes:

>Recently I bought an Olympis NP30 printer.
>It is supposed to be compatible with any Macintosh
>printer like ImageWriter I or II. I follow the manual
>but I can only make it work if I connect it to the
>modem port. But my modem is connected to the modem
>port. Is anyone out there using such kind of printer?
>Is there any way to make it work by using the printer
>port only?

>Thanks in advance.
>					Jesse Lee
>					jesse@cs.ualberta.ca

Thanks for helping me. It turns out that
the printer port is defective. Unfortunately
it is not under warrantly anymore and it
is so expensive to repair it. Most of the time
I need to use the two serial ports together.
Can anyone give me any valuable suggestion
what else I can do besides paying a lot
of money of repairing it?

Is there any program out there that can
multiplex a serial port?