[comp.sys.mac.misc] Printing problems with IISi

md2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mohanish Deshmukh) (02/06/91)

I have a IISi 80/5 with a NUBUS card connected to a laser writer IINT.
Sometimes it prints just fine but very often it seems to do either of
the following:

    - the screen freezes while the laser writer continues to "blink" as
if its about to print, but it never does.
    - the system crashes and  rebooting both the computer and the
printer dosent seem to help. If you ask the print moniter to continue
printing, it crashes again.

Can anyone help me with this? or is it just that I have to wait till the
bugs work themselves out of this!! I'd apreciate any comments.

Thanks,
Mohanish

austin@spies.sf-bay.org (Glenn Austin) (02/06/91)

In article <MbfhrL200Uh_Q1UH4O@andrew.cmu.edu> md2x+@andrew.cmu.edu (Mohanish Deshmukh) writes:
>I have a IISi 80/5 with a NUBUS card connected to a laser writer IINT.
>Sometimes it prints just fine but very often it seems to do either of
>the following:
>
>    - the screen freezes while the laser writer continues to "blink" as
>if its about to print, but it never does.
>    - the system crashes and  rebooting both the computer and the
>printer dosent seem to help. If you ask the print moniter to continue
>printing, it crashes again.

Did you install the system software using the Installer, or did you just
copy the files onto the hard drive?  I believe that starting with 6.0.5,
you must use the installer to get a complete system -- the System Tools
disk contains enough of a system to just get the machines up and running.

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
|   Macintosh Wizard            |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |