[comp.sys.mac.misc] Mac LC Ad

phillita@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Todd Phillips) (02/08/91)

I just saw a commercial on TV last night where the camera was circling
a Mac LC and the announcer was saying  "Now there is finally an original that
costs less than the imitation."

What do you suppose he means?

???????

ehanson@umbc1.umbc.edu (Mr. Erik Hanson; ARTS-SCI (UG)) (02/09/91)

In article <5448@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, phillita@mentor.cc.purdue.edu
(Todd Phillips) writes...
>I just saw a commercial on TV last night where the camera was circling
>a Mac LC and the announcer was saying  "Now there is finally an original that
>costs less than the imitation."
>
>What do you suppose he means?

A disposable Mac that costs less than a disposable IBM clone running
Windows 3.0, I suppose.

seeya!

Erik Hanson   University of Maryland, Baltimore County   ehanson@umbc2.umbc.edu

torrie@cs.stanford.edu (The Ghost Who Walks) (02/09/91)

phillita@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Todd Phillips) writes:

>I just saw a commercial on TV last night where the camera was circling
>a Mac LC and the announcer was saying  "Now there is finally an original that
>costs less than the imitation."

>What do you suppose he means?

  Comparing a Mac (the "original" micro GUI) to a clone running Windows 3.0.

Evan Torrie.  Stanford University, Class of 199?       torrie@cs.stanford.edu
Fame, fame, fame...  What's it good for?  Ab-so-lute-ly nothing