[comp.sys.mac.misc] Stuffit Classic problems

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (02/14/91)

  I wanted to look at NetBunny, but discovered that it was archived with
Stuffit Deluxe.  Somewhat dismayed, I then got Stuffit Classic.  I'm running
it on a stock Mac II, but I've been disappointed with the results so far.

First problem:  No icons.  I tried to convert the 1.5.1 archives over to the
newer format, but was rewarded with plain document icons.  Rebuilding the
desktop didn't help.  I do have Colorfinder loaded, though, with colorized
Stuffit icons for the older version.  Is it perhaps a color icon conflict?

Second problem:  Selecting preferences locks up the system.  This only
happens in Multifinder, but it's a real hassle and should have been accounted
for.  Is there a more robust version?

Any information/answers would be appreciated.

Eric

clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) (02/14/91)

In article <21959@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
>First problem:  No icons.  I tried to convert the 1.5.1 archives over to the
>newer format, but was rewarded with plain document icons.  Rebuilding the
>desktop didn't help.  I do have Colorfinder loaded, though, with colorized
>Stuffit icons for the older version.  Is it perhaps a color icon conflict?

Do you still have Stuffit 1.5.1 on your drive?  If so, there's your problem.
trash the old version of Stuffit and rebuild your HD's desktop  and you'll be
rewarded with the exciting new icons.

chaz

--
Someone please release me from this trance.
clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu                                       AOL:Crowbone

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (02/15/91)

In article <3271@ux.acs.umn.edu>, clarson@ux.acs.umn.edu (Chaz Larson) writes:

> Do you still have Stuffit 1.5.1 on your drive?  If so, there's your problem.
> trash the old version of Stuffit and rebuild your HD's desktop  and you'll be
> rewarded with the exciting new icons.

Thanks.  That did the trick, although I liked my old Stuffit document icons.
(I put a crushed, bleeding disk in the C-clamp.)  Does anyone have any
interesting colorized versions of the icons?

Eric
--
Eric Sheppard      Georgia Tech    |   "Of course the US Constitution isn't
Atlanta, GA                        | perfect; but it's a lot better than what