[comp.sys.mac.misc] snd1->snd2?

miyakekm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Keith Miyake) (02/15/91)

Is there a utility around to convert type 1 'snd ' resources
to type 2 'snd ' resources?

-Sho

mings@cs.uoregon.edu (Ming Yau So) (02/15/91)

In article <5891@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> miyakekm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Keith Miyake) writes:
>Is there a utility around to convert type 1 'snd ' resources
>to type 2 'snd ' resources?
>
>-Sho

Try SoundMover, it should either in rascal or sumex.  If not, you can find
it at AOL too.
   Ming Yau So                        | Disclaimer needs to be repaired !!
   Internet: mings@cs.uoregon.edu     |      >>>SCUD>>>   (disclaimer)
   AOL: Ming So                       |------------------------------------

miyakekm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Keith Miyake) (02/16/91)

In article <1991Feb15.100738.6561@cs.uoregon.edu> mings@cs.uoregon.edu (Ming Yau So) writes:
>In article <5891@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> miyakekm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Keith Miyake) writes:
>>Is there a utility around to convert type 1 'snd ' resources
>>to type 2 'snd ' resources?
>Try SoundMover, it should either in rascal or sumex.  If not, you can find
>it at AOL too.

I tried SoundMover, but last I checked, it was only able to
write type 1 'snd ' resources.  Is it *really* able to
do what I want?

-Sho

mings@cs.uoregon.edu (Ming Yau So) (02/16/91)

In article <5973@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> miyakekm@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Keith Miyake) writes:

   [ question about snd1->snd2 and my answer ]

>I tried SoundMover, but last I checked, it was only able to
>write type 1 'snd ' resources.  Is it *really* able to
>do what I want?
>
>-Sho

Yup, first you create an empty stack (or if you want to add snd2 to a stack,
use a copy of it).  Then launch SoundMover, open the file which contains
the snd1 resource, open the stack on the other side, copy the sound from
the original file into the stack, and you are done.  If you want to make
sure the copy is really a snd2 resource, highlight it, hear it plays, and
look at the description in the middle of the window, it should say that
it's a snd2 sound.