[comp.sys.mac.misc] P-Spice

css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) (02/08/91)

	I dont know if I should be posting here of the programers section but if anyone knows of P-Spice for the mac could you mail me where I can get it from thanks
Russell Smithers,

Computing Assistant, Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
          University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, England
R.Smithers@cs.surrey.ac.uk                                 +483 571281 x2659

carsup@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Fisher Library support) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb8.144046.7705@EE.Surrey.Ac.UK> css1rs@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Russell Smithers) writes:

>	I dont know if I should be posting here of the programers section but if anyone knows of P-Spice for the mac could you mail me where I can get it from thanks
>Russell Smithers,
>
>Computing Assistant, Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences
>          University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 5XH, England
>R.Smithers@cs.surrey.ac.uk                                 +483 571281 x2659

Funny, must be PSpice season :)
For the uninitiated, PSpice is a version of SPICE that is basically a language
for calculating electrical circuits. PSpice works on many platforms and as far
as the Mac goes, it requires a MacII class machine with an FPU.
The programs costs very much but there is a student version for little or no
money. The publisher is MicroSim Corp. and publishes a book through Prentice-
Hall. You could get a version of the book with a PC version of the program.
The Mac version is very similar to the PC version (read not very Mac like)
I have been using it on my SE/30 and apart from it assuming a 640 x 480 screen
it works quite well. You must order the Mac II version of the studen PSpice
separately from the book. The book is by (I think) Tueninga with "PSpice"
somewhere in the title. The order number for the Mac II disk is
	ISBN  0-13-834623-3
Believe me, it's cheaper to order that than have me post you a copy :)

You're welcome to e-mail me for more info.
****    My employers ignore me, I'm on my own when I speak out in public   ****
Norton Chia	||  My address is carsup@extro.ucc.su.oz.au
Micro Support	||	"When are they going to put in built-in spell-chequers"

siegman@sierra.STANFORD.EDU (siegman) (02/17/91)

See a long review of analog and digital circuit programs for the Mac
that I very recently posted to comp.sys.mac.apps and to
comp.sys.mac.digest.  (I've also tried to mail it to you.)

--AES