[comp.sys.mac.misc] MOVE DISCUSSION

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (02/17/91)

In <7605@crash.cts.com> djm@pro-odyssey.cts.com (David McDowell) writes:
>The Amiga line could have been
>the better computer than a Macintosh but the fact is Commodore didn't put much

  Please move this discussion to alt.religion.computers, before we have
another Amiga-Mac flame war here.

graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb17.115850.3596@sics.se> ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) writes:
>In <7605@crash.cts.com> djm@pro-odyssey.cts.com (David McDowell) writes:
>>The Amiga line could have been
>>the better computer than a Macintosh but the fact is Commodore didn't put much
>
>  Please move this discussion to alt.religion.computers, before we have
>another Amiga-Mac flame war here.

In the 2 yrs that I have been reading this group I have never seen a REAL
flame war where dedication to a machine outweighs rational thought. People
like you seem to chomp at the bit at the mention of another computer. Why?

mike
--
|         Michael Graham          |   We're two doctors...two big doctors -   |
|       graham@ug.cs.dal.ca       |   we're not imposters.  - Woody Allen     |

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (02/18/91)

In <1991Feb17.182333.12839@cs.dal.ca> graham@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Graham)
writes:

>In the 2 yrs that I have been reading this group I have never seen a REAL
>flame war where dedication to a machine outweighs rational thought. People
>like you seem to chomp at the bit at the mention of another computer. Why?

  I've been reading comp.sys.mac* since 4 years and find almost all
discussion rational. The discsussions "Mac vs. <another computer>" are indeed
rational, there are a *lot* of technical arguments and comparisons, but I'm
not interested in the Amiga or Next CPU, I'm a MacFreak! I bought my *Mac*
for a couple of yrs ago and I don't have money to buy another computer. I
can't afford loosing my illusion of Mac as the ultimate computer :-) !

  Kill-files? I don't use kill-files because the subject-line doesn't say
anything about the real content. So my only hope to stay away from the
computer-war articles is to post articles like these and ask people to
move the discussions to comp.sys.amiga.* or something else.

  Well, that's *my* point of view. I guess there are other "chompbitters"
with other opinions.

melling@dec5000.cs.psu.edu (Michael D Mellinger) (02/18/91)

In article <1991Feb17.215743.4349@sics.se> ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) writes:

     Kill-files? I don't use kill-files because the subject-line doesn't say
   anything about the real content. So my only hope to stay away from the
   computer-war articles is to post articles like these and ask people to
   move the discussions to comp.sys.amiga.* or something else.

No, but it's usually not too hard to figure out what a thread is all
about once you have read one or two articles(e.g.  '68040 Mac' was a
NeXT vs. Mac thread).  Add the current subject line to your kill file
or just skip the series of posts if you don't want to read it.

-Mike