[comp.sys.mac.misc] Gatekeeper problems on Mac Classic

ian@ob1.uws.EDU.AU (Ian Walsh) (01/31/91)

	I have a problem with Gatekeeper (1.1.1) on my Mac Classic. I keep
getting the following error:

	eg. from within Microsoft Word 4:

	GateKeeper has vetoed an attempt by Microsoft Word to
	violate "Res(System)" privileges against System.
	[ RsrcMapEntry(DRVR,2) ]

	Gatekeeper works fine on my Mac Plus, but when I copied it
across to the Classic I started getting these messages. They occur in other
packages besides Word 4.
	The Classic is running System 6.0.7.

				Any ideas? Thanks, Ian Walsh.

			email: ian@nepean.uws.edu.au

drz@po.CWRU.Edu (David R. Zinkin) (01/31/91)

GateKeeper 1.1.1 conflicts with System 6.0.7 due to changes Apple
made with the new System Software.  The solution is to install
GateKeeper Aid 1.1 (available by FTP from sumex.stanford.edu in
the /info-mac/virus directory), which not only provides a retroactive
fix for the new System but also gives automatic protection against
the WDEF, CDEF, and MDEF viruses.  All opened files are checked by
GateKeeper Aid 1.1 for these viruses and are automatically repaired
if infected.

 -- Dave

--
David Zinkin (drz@po.cwru.edu) -- Rochester General Hospital Radiology
   (Consultant) and Case Western Reserve Univ. (Psychology/Chemistry)

"What's in London besides the Brooklyn Bridge?" -- Rob Linson

norton@extro.ucc.su.oz.au (Norton Chia) (02/19/91)

ian@ob1.uws.EDU.AU (Ian Walsh) writes:

>	I have a problem with Gatekeeper (1.1.1) on my Mac Classic. I keep
>getting the following error:

>	eg. from within Microsoft Word 4:

>	GateKeeper has vetoed an attempt by Microsoft Word to
>	violate "Res(System)" privileges against System.
>	[ RsrcMapEntry(DRVR,2) ]

>	Gatekeeper works fine on my Mac Plus, but when I copied it
>across to the Classic I started getting these messages. They occur in other
>packages besides Word 4.
>	The Classic is running System 6.0.7.

>				Any ideas? Thanks, Ian Walsh.

>			email: ian@nepean.uws.edu.au
Get Gatekeeper Aid INIT v1.1. It comes with full documentation as to why you
experienced your problems and it works.

Cheers,
Norton

--