[comp.sys.mac.misc] Where Is DocuComp?

howard@locus.com (Howard Moskovitz) (02/20/91)

Last week I posted an article looking for a utility to compare two MS
Word files. Replies pointed me to DocuComp and I was told that this is
bundled with Word. I looked at both the Word 4.0 disks I have plus the
Word 4 disks that are bundled in Microsoft Office and cannot find
DocuComp.

Can someone tell me where I can actually find this utility?

Thanks in advance,
Howard Moskovitz
--
          **********************************
         **********************************

jdon@drutx.ATT.COM (BookJD) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb19.182528.149036@locus.com> howard@locus.com (Howard Moskovitz) writes:

>Last week I posted an article looking for a utility to compare two MS
>Word files. Replies pointed me to DocuComp and I was told that this is
>bundled with Word. I looked at both the Word 4.0 disks I have plus the
>Word 4 disks that are bundled in Microsoft Office and cannot find
>DocuComp.
>
>Can someone tell me where I can actually find this utility?

I remember a brochure advertising "docucomp" in with the WORD 4.0
documentation.  It was *not* free. I think the company that sells
it wanted $20 - $30 for it. I wasn't interested, so I just pitched
the ad.  I imagine a call to the Microsoft support line would yield
the name and number of the company that sells it.