[comp.sys.mac.misc] X and AUX on a Mac - What Works?

david@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (David E. Smyth) (02/20/91)

Let's say I'm just BARELY satisfied with the performance
of X11R4 running on a SPARCstation 1+ with 8 bit color,
or completely satisfied with the performance of X11R4
running on a Monochrome 33MHz 68030 Sun (a 3/460).

What megapixel or better resolution Mac video board/monitor
and CPU will cut it, assuming I'm running AUX?  Assume 8Mb
or more RAM.

David Smyth                             david@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov
Senior Software Engineer,               seismo!cit-vax!jpl-devvax!david
X and Object Guru.                      (818)393-0983
Jet Propulsion Lab, M/S 230-103, 4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, CA 91109
    "There was a time when man would attribute everything he didn't
    understand to God.  Now, with our heightened understanding of
    science, we attribute them to UFO's."    -Gary Friedman

In article <11505@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> david@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (David E. Smyth) writes:
>Let's say I'm just BARELY satisfied with the performance
>of X11R4 running on a SPARCstation 1+ with 8 bit color,
>or completely satisfied with the performance of X11R4
>running on a Monochrome 33MHz 68030 Sun (a 3/460).
>
>What megapixel or better resolution Mac video board/monitor
>and CPU will cut it, assuming I'm running AUX?  Assume 8Mb
>or more RAM.

Lets say the lower bound on the CPU is a Mac IIfx.