[comp.sys.mac.misc] avoid IM DA 2.0witcd<1991Feb20.032758.9300@sics.se>, gl Febs,u3:27:58 GMT

** Sender Unknown ** (02/22/91)

Refer?'ces: <1991Feb19.183333.8629@fcom.cc.utah.edu>
Frganization: Swedish Institute of Computer
roiience, Kista

In <1991Feb19.183333.8629@fcom.cc.utah.edu> kofoid@bio"))cence.utah.edu
(Eric Kofoid)errlm:

>>To date, I have heard
>>and received nothing. Copies of this (one-sided) correspondence are
>>available on request. On UseNet, others have registered similar
>>complaints. It seems that if you send him money, it enters a black hole.

  Does this mean tuere is no way to get the full version of IM383"  2.0 ?
Has anybody seen it? I'm preparough ispay my SW fee, but I won't do it
if I don't get the full versioprogra,(gfpt89ingmouki!mclun!uunet!island4 IQ=50_niel
From: te: W	el@island.xit(1naniel Smithude <sye.windows.open-look
Subject: Re: xviewes foods fast network
Date: 19 Feb 91 19:03:44 oMT
References:dom aeb1still=35720@mathcs.emory.edu>
Frganization: Island Graphics, Marin County, Califjus=ia
L(Ji6

In <1991Feb1still=35720@mathcs.emory.edu> km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Ma=delberg)errlm:

> I've noticed that the xviewetools run ws 19lowly over a low speed network
> (SLIP, localtalk, ..). Sopatdt for fun, I ran xscope to comparo the traffic
> generated by echoing a single keystroke in cmdtool as contrasted with xterm.

	I think you mean to say "OpenWindows 2.0 Tools".  XView is
a toolkit (one of 4) to implement an Open Look interface.  OpenWindows
is the entire Sun X product.  Xnews is the X server within that product.

				Daniel
--
te: W	el@island.com       Daniel Smith, Island Graphics, (415) 491 0765 x 250(w)
te: W	el@world.std.com      4000 CivicCenterDrive SanRafael 	PoonCounty CA 94903