[comp.sys.mac.misc] Isn't comp.sys.mac defunct?

jness@ub.d.umn.edu (Joel Ness) (02/16/91)

I've been seeing more and more messages on this group so I though I'd
say something. My understanding was that when we split comp.sys.mac into
all the other subgroups that comp.sys.mac would go away. I think that at
many sites it has. Some sites, like ours, probably haven't deleted it
from the list of active groups (and I've kept it on my subscribe list
out of laziness).

After the split the traffic on this group dropped off to almost nil (you
may have been wondering why this group lost so much activity). Now that
I'm seeing more activity I thought I'd check to see if people were aware
that this group, while still alive, probably isn't read by as near as
many people as the other Mac groups.

Joel Ness			       		INTERNET: jness@ub.d.umn.edu
Information Services		        	BITNET:  JNESS@UMNDUL
University of Minnesota, Duluth			Phone: (218) 726-8841
Duluth, MN  55812

gamorris@lescsse.uucp (Gary A. Morris) (02/23/91)

In <904@ub.d.umn.edu> jness@ub.d.umn.edu (Joel Ness) writes:

>My understanding was that when we split comp.sys.mac into
>all the other subgroups that comp.sys.mac would go away.

It is not on Spaf's list of active newsgroups (according to news.lists,
13124@medusa.cs.purdue.edu) but it still exists at many sites (including
this one).

I wonder if someone forgot to rmgroup it?

--GaryM
--
Gary Morris                    Internet: gmorris@nasamail.nasa.gov
Lockheed, Houston, Texas       UUCP:     lobster!lescsse!gamorris