[comp.sys.mac.misc] Good place to buy floppies.

wscott@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Wayne H Scott) (02/23/91)

I want to buy some 800K floppys for my mac (~50)

Where is a good place to order them from?
(cheap, relable, warrenty,...)

Wayne Scott             |  INTERNET: wscott@ecn.purdue.edu
Electrical Engineering  |  BITNET:   wscott%ecn.purdue.edu@purccvm
Purdue University       |  UUCP:     purdue, pur-ee}!ecn.purdue.edu!wscott

engineer@buhub.bradley.edu (Timothy Pigman) (02/23/91)

wscott@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Wayne H Scott) writes:

>I want to buy some 800K floppys for my mac (~50)

>Where is a good place to order them from?
>(cheap, relable, warrenty,...)

-------------
Try MEI/Micro Center......

3.5" DS/DD Diskettes   $.39 each;in lots of 25   ($9.75 / 25)
         shipping $.55 per 25
	 $1.50 per pack of 50 labels

3.5" DS/HD Diskettes   $.79 each;in lots of 25   ($19.75 / 25)
	 shipping $.55 per 25
	 $1.50 per pack of 50 labels...

Both types are certified 100% error free and have a lifetime warranty...
Really good company to order from....they make'm so you don't pay for a
middle man....they also sell paper, accessories, etc.....

Address: MEI/Micro Center
	 1100 Steelwood Rd
	 Columbus, OH  43212

	or call   1-800-634-3478

----------------
<><
engineer@buhub.bradley.edu
-|--

cordero@pike.cis.ohio-state.edu (l m cordero) (02/23/91)

In article <1991Feb22.230249.26581@bradley.bradley.edu> engineer@buhub.bradley.edu (Timothy Pigman) writes:
>wscott@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Wayne H Scott) writes:
>>I want to buy some 800K floppys for my mac (~50)
>-------------
>Try MEI/Micro Center......
>3.5" DS/DD Diskettes   $.39 each;in lots of 25   ($9.75 / 25)
>3.5" DS/HD Diskettes   $.79 each;in lots of 25   ($19.75 / 25)
>Address: MEI/Micro Center
>	 1100 Steelwood Rd
>	 Columbus, OH  43212
>	or call   1-800-634-3478
>----------------
I thought netland might find that big business is everywhere.  I live within
5 miles of both the Steelwood warehouse and the Micro Center retail store.
They sell the same disks and the two buildings are about three miles apart.
Anyway the above prices are from Computer Shopper (February 91) and my Micro
Center catalog that came this week has the same floppies in the same quantity
for $.47 and $.89 respectively.  Folks these are the same disks!  Moreover,
the cheapest they get (when you buy 1000+) the price falls to $.39 and $.85.
I just thought you might be interested.  By the way, I called the Steelwood
place and asked that since I live so close could I buy the diskettes and
avoid the shipping charge and wait, if I came and picked it up.  Needless
to say they refused.  I live at a bike rides distance and I'd get charged
the same as if I lived on the west coast.  Even computer co. can be greedy.
--
cordero@cis.ohio-state.edu