[comp.sys.mac.misc] Shameless Cheating

tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) (02/22/91)

OK time to show who knows the most Apple trivia. I need the answers to
these questions for a competition so any help will be gratefully
received.

What kind of flag flew outside the original Macintosh Development
Office?

Who wrote ShowInit?

What date did Apple go public?

What is the 'High Sierra' standard named after?

Name 3 of the 7 applications that were bundled with the LISA

Name the 'ransom note' font

What were the first words spoken by Macintosh?

Which company turned Steve Wozniak down on the Apple computer?

That's all (there are actually 32 questions but I think I know the
answers to the rest.) This is your chance to show your knowledge of
Apple trivia. Good luck.

		Tony

--
Tony Cunningham, Edinburgh University Computing Service. tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk

Inspiration, move me brightly, light the song with sense and colour, hold
away despair. More than this I will not ask faced with mysteries dark and vast.

rotberg@dms.UUCP (Ed Rotberg) (02/26/91)

From article <8666@castle.ed.ac.uk>, by tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham):
> OK time to show who knows the most Apple trivia. I need the answers to
> these questions for a competition so any help will be gratefully
> received.
>
> What kind of flag flew outside the original Macintosh Development
> Office?

I beleive it was a skull & crossbones .. I remember reading about this in an interview
with Andy Hertzfield.

> Who wrote ShowInit?

Pauler Mercer(? SP?)... I think

> What date did Apple go public?
>
> What is the 'High Sierra' standard named after?
>
> Name 3 of the 7 applications that were bundled with the LISA
>
> Name the 'ransom note' font

Definitely San Francisco font!

> What were the first words spoken by Macintosh?
>
> Which company turned Steve Wozniak down on the Apple computer?

Definitely Atari.

That's all off the top of my head. I'd have to research the rest....

	- Ed Rotberg -
	- Atari Games Corp. -

In article <1216@dms.UUCP> rotberg@dms.UUCP (Ed Rotberg) writes:
>From article <8666@castle.ed.ac.uk>, by tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham):
>> OK time to show who knows the most Apple trivia. I need the answers to
>> these questions for a competition so any help will be gratefully
>> received.
>>
>> Who wrote ShowInit?
>
>Pauler Mercer(? SP?)... I think
Paul Mercer, I think.

>> Name 3 of the 7 applications that were bundled with the LISA
LisaWrite, LisaTerminal, LisaCalc, LisaDraw, etc.

>> Which company turned Steve Wozniak down on the Apple computer?
>
>Definitely Atari.

I think H-P (Woz's employer at the time).

sfalken@caen.engin.umich.edu (Steve Falkenburg) (02/27/91)

In article <1216@dms.UUCP>, rotberg@dms.UUCP (Ed Rotberg) writes:

> From article <8666@castle.ed.ac.uk>, by tjc@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham):
> > OK time to show who knows the most Apple trivia. I need the answers to
> > these questions for a competition so any help will be gratefully
> > received.
> >
> > What kind of flag flew outside the original Macintosh Development
> > Office?
>
> I beleive it was a skull & crossbones .. I remember reading about this in an interview
> with Andy Hertzfield.
>
> > Who wrote ShowInit?
>
> Pauler Mercer(? SP?)... I think
along with Darin Adler and Paul Snively (from ShowInit.a)

> > What date did Apple go public?
> >
> > What is the 'High Sierra' standard named after?

This is the High Sierra CD-ROM format, named after the location
of the conference (In the Sierras) where the format was decided.

> > Name 3 of the 7 applications that were bundled with the LISA

LisaCalc, LisaDraw, LisaProject, LisaWrite, ...

> > Name the 'ransom note' font
>
> Definitely San Francisco font!
>
> > What were the first words spoken by Macintosh?

Don't know-- could be "Hello, Welcome to Macintosh"

> > Which company turned Steve Wozniak down on the Apple computer?
>
> Definitely Atari.

Wrongo.  It was HP.

> That's all off the top of my head. I'd have to research the rest....
>
> 	- Ed Rotberg -
> 	- Atari Games Corp. -

Steve Falkenburg (sfalken@mondo.engin.umich.edu)   | Great pate', but
Macintosh Programming/Support                      | I've gotta motor!
Computer Aided Engineering Network, U of Michigan  |  -Heathers