[comp.sys.mac.misc] Wine

weigel@DPW.COM (William Weigel) (03/01/91)

Does anyone know of software for the Mac which is designed for keeping
track of a wine cellar.  Ideally the fields would include type, chateau,
vintage, number of bottles, cost, "ratings," expected year of drinkability
etc., with ability to sort according to any of these fields.  Does such a
thing exist?

lbl@applelink.apple.com (Barry Locklear) (03/02/91)

I have seen a couple of HyperCard stacks in the wine forum on CompuServe
that may serve your purposes.  You might want to look there.

Barry

Barry Locklear

roitblat@tcs.com (Barry Stuart Roitblat) (03/02/91)

In article <3086@esquire.dpw.com> weigel@DPW.COM (William Weigel) writes:
>Does anyone know of software for the Mac which is designed for keeping
>track of a wine cellar.  Ideally the fields would include type, chateau,
>vintage, number of bottles, cost, "ratings," expected year of drinkability
>etc., with ability to sort according to any of these fields.  Does such a
>thing exist?

It just so happens that I am in the process of writing such a program at home.
There are a few more features to complete and some clean up work to do, but
I expect to have a preliminary version done in a week or 2.  I will
keep working on it after that, but I think I can safely promise upward
compatibility of the file format in the event of a change.  I intend to
distribute the software after it is complete (probably shareware), but I
welcome volunteers who are willing to provide feedback on the preliminary
version.

					Barry Roitblat
					roitblat@bellevue.tcs.com
					(206) 889-1129

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (03/04/91)

In article <3086@esquire.dpw.com> weigel@DPW.COM (William Weigel) writes:
>Does anyone know of software for the Mac which is designed for keeping
>track of a wine cellar.  Ideally the fields would include type, chateau,
>vintage, number of bottles, cost, "ratings," expected year of drinkability
>etc., with ability to sort according to any of these fields.  Does such a
>thing exist?

Yes, such a critter does exist.  Pick up a copy of The Wine Spectator
or another wine rag and look in the ads towards the back.  Some
of the programs appear to be quite sophisticated.  If you do get one,
I would be interested in your comments so that I can track my own
(albeit small) cellar.

Cheers,

Chris

p.s.  Is there a newsgroup for wine enthusiasts?

Chris Mauritz                 |D{r det finns en |l, finns
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |det en plan!
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |