[comp.sys.mac.misc] help required - logging user activity

janet@minster.york.ac.uk (02/26/91)

Does anyone know of any (preferably public domain) software for logging user
activity on the Macintosh? I need sufficient information to reconstruct a
work session, including general display information. The software can be
specific to a particular application.
Any information would be appreciated.

Janet Finlay
 Dr Janet Finlay, Human Computer Interaction Group,
 Dept. of Computer Science, University of York, Heslington,
 YORK. YO1 5DD.  UK.               Tel: [044] (0904) 432765

 janet@uk.ac.york.minster			JANET connexions
 janet%minster.york.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk	ARPA connexions
 ..!mcsun!ukc!minster!janet			UUCP connexions
 janet@minster.york.ac.uk			eab mail

tuttle@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (David L. Claytor) (03/05/91)

janet@minster.york.ac.uk writes:

> Does anyone know of any (preferably public domain) software for logging user
> activity on the Macintosh? I need sufficient information to reconstruct a
> work session, including general display information. The software can be
> specific to a particular application.
> Any information would be appreciated.
>
> Janet Finlay
Janet, I'd recommend Launch Init 2.0, which is available thru America
Online and (probably) many user group BBSs.  It's discussed in the
current issue of ewither Macworld or MacUser (I don't recall which.
Launch Init 2.0 is a configurable INIT program that records usage
statistics when applications are launched, info such as application name,
start date, end date, user name, volume name, start time, end time, and
length of use.  Very handy.

--
David L. Claytor
tuttle@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us