[comp.sys.mac.misc] Superclock calling Timbuktu Driver

jcd2@ukc.ac.uk (J.C.Doig) (03/05/91)

I recently found a little init called Logger which logs all sorts of events
into a log file (file creation/deletion drivers called etc).  Anyway, having
looked at the output, I found my machine had been calling the .Timbuktu and
.Timbuktu/Remote driver repeatedly ever since ... ?  Well, installation.

Grepping through all my drives, the only reference I found to Timbuktu (apart
from my wish list), was in Superclock 3.9  Huh ?  Why ?

Anyone else experienced this ?

Jeremy

rrr@u02.svl.cdc.com (Rich Ragan) (03/06/91)

In <7049@harrier.ukc.ac.uk> jcd2@ukc.ac.uk (J.C.Doig) writes:

>I recently found a little init called Logger which logs all sorts of events
>into a log file (file creation/deletion drivers called etc).  Anyway, having
>looked at the output, I found my machine had been calling the .Timbuktu and
>.Timbuktu/Remote driver repeatedly ever since ... ?  Well, installation.

>Grepping through all my drives, the only reference I found to Timbuktu (apart
>from my wish list), was in Superclock 3.9  Huh ?  Why ?

>Anyone else experienced this ?

SuperClock 3.9 opens the Timbuktu Remote Driver to determine if
Timbuktu is installed on your system. If the open fails, then you
don't have Timbuktu. If it succeeds, then SuperClock automatically
moves its clock over to avoid the Timbuktu icon. This generally
works OK but on some cases causes Alarming Events to crash. I have
reported this to CE Software and only add it as a note in case
you are having mysterious crashes when starting an application
and user SuperClock 3.9 and Alarming Events.
--
Richard R. Ragan   rrr@svl.cdc.com    (408) 496-4340
Control Data Corporation - Silicon Valley Operations