[comp.sys.mac.misc] Macintosh IIfx 8/160 system for sale - $6,500.

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (03/02/91)

I have the following system for sale.  I have to keep the price WHERE
IT IS NOW, for I cannot afford to sell at any lower cost.  Please
only serious inquiries.  Send all inquiries via email.

Macintosh II case (a little chipped) and power supply (works fine)
*NEW* Macintosh IIfx motherboard (August) with 8MB of NEW Apple IIfx RAM.
2 *NEW* Apple FDHD 1.44MB internal floppy drives
*NEW* Apple Internal Hard Disk 160SC (160 MB drive)
Apple 8-bit video card
AppleColor Hi-Resolution RGB Monitor -- picture is sharp and crisp.
Apple Extended Keyboard II
3 ADB Mice, full set of cables, some extra cables

I'm asking $6500, which is a fair price.
Please direct all inquiries/offers to 'klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu'

Thanks,

Steve

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (03/03/91)

I'm sorry, I'm not selling my machine after all -- Evidently
some people think my personal decision to buy a system that
suits my needs as a university student are in conflict with
what I should be doing, etc., so nix the IIfx
articles -- I'm keeping it.

Sorry to annoy,

Steve

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (03/06/91)

In article <13330@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) writes:

>I'm sorry, I'm not selling my machine after all -- Evidently
>some people think my personal decision to buy a system that
>suits my needs as a university student are in conflict with
So tell them if they want you to keep you IIfx to buy you the NeXT that
you need.   If you need a NeXT sell the MAC, if not don't.  I personally
like NeXT machines and think that the hardware is superior to MAC's, but
that is IMHO (no flame wars just my opinion).  1 machine is not the be all
end all solution to computing.  Buy what suits your needs and not what
suits someone else's, typically the two don't seem to be the same.

This is why I own a 386sx with 100Mb of disk space, vga, 4megs of memory,
midi card, etc.  I also own a NeXTcube with 330Mb harddisk, OD, 12 megs
of memory.

They both suit my needs where a MAC. Amiga, or Arari wouldn't.  So that
means buy what YOU, YOURSELF need to get the job done.

>what I should be doing, etc., so nix the IIfx
>articles -- I'm keeping it.
>
>Sorry to annoy,

It annoys me to the extent that you would let other people that don't
know what your needs are tell you the kind of computer you already know
you need.   Who cares what other people think?  I don't.

--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */