[comp.sys.mac.misc] What drive is in classic 2/40? Re: Classic delivery time

kscott@cgl.ucsf.edu (Kevin Scott) (03/07/91)

meharp01@ulkyvx.bitnet writes:
>I have heard a rumor that the fault is not with Apple, but with Conner, the
>folks who make the 1" disk drives.  Apple supposedly needed three times the
>number that Conner could produce in that time.  Is that the problem or a
>symptom of the problem?

I'd be surprised if that was the case, it takes just as long (or actually
longer) to get a classic singlefloppy 1/0.  Of course, mac may just be doing
that so they can sell more classic 2/40's.

I have a conner cp3040a from an si package I bought that I am putting into a
classic when it arrives.  Is this the same as what is currently in mac classics?
My dealer is going to sell me some "special" brackets I believe, right now
I'm slightly skeptical.