[comp.sys.mac.misc] Arkanoid summary

mmcnew@pro-odyssey.cts.com (Monty McNew) (03/08/91)

Apparently there is quite a bit if interest in the Arkanoid question I
posted
below,  so here is a running summary (not much here).

I wrote:
>>Can anyone tell me where to send my warranty card for Arkanoid.  The one
>>got was pre-marked for Discovery Software International, INC.  163
Conduit

====================
>From: danno@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Danno McKinnon)
----
ProLine:  mmcnew@pro-odyssey                               Monty S. McNew
Internet: mmcnew@pro-odyssey.cts.com                       @ Pro-Odyssey
UUCP:     crash!pro-odyssey!mmcnew                         707/437-4734
ARPA:     crash!pro-odyssey!mmcnew@nosc.mil                Fairfield, CA

====================

====================
>From: bcarter@claven.idbsu.edu

>I have a copy of Arkanoid that suddenly stopped working, apparently over
one >system upgrade or another (I'm running 6.0.5 at home now and 6.0.7 at
the office, >it works on neither, but I'm not sure when it stopped working).
 I've never been >able to get ahold of these people to see if an upgrade or
a patch is available.
====================

====================
>From: laf@mitre.org

>I hate to tell you this, but last I heard, Discovery went under.

>Please let me know if you find out anything to the contrary.
====================

So basically, all I have found out is that Discovery *IS* out of business.
I know that Taito is somehow involved in producing this game (there are
versions for just about every brand) and I wonder if they are now supporting
the Mac version.  If someone can give me their number (I think they are
located in Canada) IUll give them a call and post the result here.

Also, there was a question of version numbers working or not working with
various versions of the system.  I am using a Mac Classic w/2meg RAM and 40
meg HD  I donUt have a lot of Inits etc.  I bought Arkanoid at MacWorld and
it is version 1.10.  I am using system 6.0.7 and the game works perfectly
(except I have to boot from the game disk or it wonUt work). Monty S. McNew