[comp.sys.mac.misc] Scanned image into MacDraw II?

pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) (03/08/91)

I've tried using the clipboard, but all I get is a 'MacPaint' quality
insertion.  How can I paste a 300 dpi image into MacDraw II without losing
any quality?
--

  "This special edition of The Gulf War will continue after these messages."
                                                                    -ABC

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (03/09/91)

In article <1991Mar7.200553.27190@javelin.es.com>, pashdown@javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:

> I've tried using the clipboard, but all I get is a 'MacPaint' quality
> insertion.  How can I paste a 300 dpi image into MacDraw II without losing
> any quality?

Not a lot of information here...  What application is producing the
300 dpi image?

As a sanity check, I just scanned in a 300 dpi picture using the Apple
Scanner.  I cut and pasted it into a MacDraw II 1.1 document and
I also opened up the PICT file that AppleScan produced directly
into MacDraw II.  They both resulted in 300 dpi objects in MacDraw II.

Thy way to check the dpi on a bitmap in MacDraw II is to turn on
the Show Size option in the Layout menu.  This will have MacDraw II
show you the horizontal and vertical dimensions at the bottom of the
screen.

MacDraw II will also allow you to scale a bitmap between various dpi's.
So you could, say, turn that 300 dpi image into a LARGE 72 dpi image
just by rescaling. Zooming in also lets you see all the bits of a
300 dpi image, by the way.

You're PICT file might be in an incompatible format from some "strange"
application...

You can always call Claris tech support.  They're usually quite helpful
and they know all the ins and outs of the Claris products.

-- michael

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE