[comp.sys.mac.misc] Changing Startup Screen.

v084l3m2@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Thomas A Gardner) (03/12/91)

I am getting tired of seeing the same thing every time I start up my Mac.
If anyone knows how to change it could you please let me know.

Tom Gardner

Ken.Knight@f421.n109.z1.Fidonet.Org (Ken Knight) (03/12/91)

>I am getting tired of seeing the same thing every time I start up my
>Mac.
>If anyone knows how to change it could you please let me know.

Tom,
  If you mean you want a startup screen then what you need to do is
save a PICT resource with an ID of 0 into a file called StartupScreen.
  You can do this with various programs including many of the viewer
type programs (GIFFER, GIFConvert,GrayView, and so on).
  If you want to have several startup screen that is also possible.
There is an INIT, called Random I think, that will let you have several
startup screens and it'll randomly pick one to display at startup. I am
probably wrong on the name, but I'm sure you can find it at a place
like the info-mac archives.

  ** Ken **

 * Origin: Twilight Clone: Macintosh - 301-946-8677 - 10 lines (1:109/421)