[comp.sys.mac.misc] SmartAlarms v. AlarmingEvents

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) (03/13/91)

I seem to remember a recent issue of MacUser or MacWorld that did a small
review comparing these two 'smart' calendaring programs; however, I cannot
seem to locate it.

Can anyone help me about???? I believe it was written sometime in the last six
months.

Thanks in advance!

--
Timothy A. Waire, Jr. (Whitegold)           Executive Office of the President
INTERNET: waire@seas.gwu.edu                Office of Management & Budget

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (<blank>) (03/13/91)

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) writes:

>I seem to remember a recent issue of MacUser or MacWorld that did a small
>review comparing these two 'smart' calendaring programs; however, I cannot
>seem to locate it.

>Can anyone help me about???? I believe it was written sometime in the last six
>months.

>Thanks in advance!

>--

I would like to point out that there is a shareware program called
'Remember?'  which I feel outperforms both of the above mentioned commercial
products.  It is available at sumex-aim, and if the latest version isnt
there, email me and I'll post it. (v2.1.2)

>Timothy A. Waire, Jr. (Whitegold)           Executive Office of the President
>INTERNET: waire@seas.gwu.edu                Office of Management & Budget
>The George Washington University            Wash., D.C.  20503
>Electrical Engineering & Computer Science   Voice: 2023954922   Fax: 2023953910
Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |    you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

rand@merrimack.edu (03/13/91)

In article <1991Mar13.002920.1438@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (<blank>) writes:
> waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) writes:
>>I seem to remember a recent issue of MacUser or MacWorld that did a small
>>review comparing these two 'smart' calendaring programs; however, I cannot
>>seem to locate it.
> I would like to point out that there is a shareware program called
> 'Remember?'  which I feel outperforms both of the above mentioned commercial
> products.  It is available at sumex-aim, and if the latest version isnt
> there, email me and I'll post it. (v2.1.2)

I can't agree more. Remember? outperforms both, is non-intrusive, and
is priced right!

Rand P. Hall                    UUCP: {uunet,wang,ulowell}!samsung!hubdub!rand
Merrimack College                     rand%merrimack.edu@samsung.com
N. Andover, MA         I spend so much time doing nothing. Life's wasting away.