[comp.sys.mac.misc] Mac IIsi compatibility MacWrite 5.0

pietro@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Pietro Pablo Rizzi R.) (03/14/91)

I've a problem using MacWrite 5.0 in a Mac si.

My configutation is:
Macintosh IIsi 2MB/ 40 HD
Finder E1-6.1.7
System E1-6.0.7
Internacional E1-3.3.1
MacWrite 5.0

My Problem:

When I check spelling, in document or selection mode, all text or selection
is lost.

My Question:

Does anybody know how fix a problem? or Where can I get a compatibility table
for Mac IIsi?

Tank's in advance.

Pietro P. Rizzi
pietro@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

blob@Apple.COM (Brian Bechtel) (03/14/91)

pietro@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Pietro Pablo Rizzi R.) writes:

>I've a problem using MacWrite 5.0 in a Mac si.

>When I check spelling, in document or selection mode, all text or selection
>is lost.

This is a known problem with MacWrite 5.0 and System 6.0 or greater.
MacWrite 5.0 is obsolete, and not supported with any version of
Macintosh system software starting with 6 or 7.

Your only options are to revert back to an earlier version of system
software or change word processors.  Most modern word processors can
read MacWrite 5.0 files directly or with little conversion effort.

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"