[comp.sys.mac.misc] what is PACT, CPCT?

erich@crash.cts.com (Eric Hicks) (03/13/91)

Just a rather simple question... I have some files that I've downloaded that
are compressed. The Problem is that they are of file type PACT, and creator
type CPCT. What program will read this format? I've heard mention of a
program called "Compact Pro" or Compactor Pro", can't remember the name,
exactly. Do these file and creator types correspond to this program? This
would seem to be knowledge useful to many, so posting to the net would seem
appropriate... Although you're welcome to e-mail responses if you'd like...

--
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<  UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!erich                 >

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (03/15/91)

In <7955@crash.cts.com> erich@crash.cts.com (Eric Hicks) writes:

The Problem is that they are of file type PACT, and creator
>type CPCT. What program will read this format? I've heard mention of a
>program called "Compact Pro" or Compactor Pro", can't remember the name,
>exactly. Do these file and creator types correspond to this program?

  Yes

ds4a@dalton.acc.Virginia.EDU (Dale Southard) (03/16/91)

In article <7955@crash.cts.com> erich@crash.cts.com (Eric Hicks) writes:
>Just a rather simple question... I have some files that I've downloaded that
>are compressed. The Problem is that they are of file type PACT, and creator
>type CPCT. What program will read this format? I've heard mention of a
>program called "Compact Pro" or Compactor Pro", can't remember the name,
>exactly. Do these file and creator types correspond to this program? This
>would seem to be knowledge useful to many, so posting to the net would seem
>appropriate... Although you're welcome to e-mail responses if you'd like...

The program is called Compact Pro (v1.30 is current).  It was previously called
Compactor.  It should be available from sumex-aim or other ftp sites.  There
is also a freeware "expand-only" version available.  I just mailed my shareware
today -- the program is (IMHO) well-done.

-->  -->  Dale  UVa  (ds4a@virginia.edu)