[comp.sys.mac.misc] ChemDraw?

usenet@nlm.nih.gov (usenet news poster) (03/15/91)

I'm looking for the OEM or a distributor of a Macintosh program
called ChemDraw (or something similar) for making line drawings
of chemical compounds.  Any  help would be appreciated.
Thanx,
--Warren

  Warren Gish                           phone:  (301) 496-2475
  National Center                       FAX: (301) 480-9241
     for Biotechnology Information      Internet:  gish@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
  National Library of Medicine
  Building 38A, Room 8S-806
  8600 Rockville Pike
  Bethesda, MD 20894-0001

ck31+@andrew.cmu.edu (Christopher Bruce Kidwell) (03/15/91)

ChemDraw is produced by:

Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
875 Massachusetts Ave., Suite 41
Cabvridge, MA 02139

You should be able to get it directly from them.  I don't know
of any other distributors.

Chris Kidwell
ck31+@andrew.cmu.edu

ds4a@dalton.acc.Virginia.EDU (Dale Southard) (03/16/91)

In article <1991Mar14.160625.3906@nlm.nih.gov> gish@host.nlm.nih.gov () writes:
>I'm looking for the OEM or a distributor of a Macintosh program
>called ChemDraw (or something similar) for making line drawings
>of chemical compounds.  Any  help would be appreciated.
>Thanx,
>--Warren

ChemDraw & Chem3D are avaiable from Cambridge Sci Computing Inc.  The address
is:

Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
875 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 41
Cambridge, Massachusetts  02139

A simular package called Chemintosh II is made by softshell.  Their address is:

SoftShell
2754 Compass Dr.  Suite 5
Grand Junction CO  81506-9916

I am currently trying to choose between the two.  SoftShell will send you a
demodisk of Chemintosh II on request.

-->  -->  Dale  UVa  (ds4a@virginia.edu)

francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu (03/17/91)

In article <1991Mar15.181134.11994@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> ds4a@dalton.acc.Virginia.EDU (Dale Southard) writes:

   In article <1991Mar14.160625.3906@nlm.nih.gov> gish@host.nlm.nih.gov () writes:
   >I'm looking for the OEM or a distributor of a Macintosh program
   >called ChemDraw (or something similar) for making line drawings

   ChemDraw & Chem3D are avaiable from Cambridge Sci Computing Inc.
[...]
   A simular package called Chemintosh II is made by softshell.
[...]
   I am currently trying to choose between the two.  SoftShell will send you a
   demodisk of Chemintosh II on request.

There's also Beaker, which also does a lot more than draw (do Chem3D
and Chemintosh II do that? I don't know).  I don't know who published
it; it was developed at Northwestern--try writing to:

	Dr. Joyce Brockwell
	Dept. of Chemistry
	2145 Sheridan Rd.
	Evanston, IL  60208

(Not *positive* about the st. addr.--but that's the ZIP for the
University P.O., so they'll sort it out regardless.)

--
| Francis Stracke	       | My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|