[comp.sys.mac.misc] changing hard drive icon?

jmv@sppy00.UUCP (J. Vickroy +1 614 764 4343) (03/18/91)

Does anyone know of a utility which will change my hard drive's
icon permanently? Or, where can I find it if I can do it with
ResEdit?

Thanks in advance,

jim

--
Jim Vickroy                               | Voice:       +1 614 764 4343
Development Technology Engineering        | FAX:         +1 614 764 2344

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/20/91)

You can use facade, which I believe is available on Sumex/init.

Ian
chai@cs.ukans.edu
2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet

tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd A. Green) (03/20/91)

>>Does anyone know of a utility which will change my hard drive's
>>icon permanently? Or, where can I find it if I can do it with
>>ResEdit?
>>
>>jim
>>
>In article <1991Mar19.184518.8230@hawk.cs.ukans.edu> chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) writes:
>You can use facade, which I believe is available on Sumex/init.
>
>Ian
>chai@cs.ukans.edu
>2fntnougat@ukanvax.bitnet

Facade will not permanently change the icon that is stored on your
hard drive. It is an init and as soon as you take it out of your
system folder (or turn it off with INIT Cdev or similiar app ) your HD
will revert to it's old icon.

You might what to check the software that came with your HD that you
used to format it.  I know that my driver utilities for my Rodime
allow me to install different icons.

Todd
Todd A. Green   "<_CyberWolf_>"  ---> Pascal <- tagreen@ucs.indiana.edu
Unix Systems Administration      ---> Unix <--- tagreen@silver.ucs.indiana.edu