[comp.sys.mac.misc] Internet <-> America Online

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) (03/19/91)

1st Question:

That title sorta says it, anyway, how does one send e-mail to someone with an
account on America Online???  Is it possible??

2nd Question:

Has anyone heard of a program called Reflection for the macintosh?  It appears
to be capable of emulating a VT-220 and logging into a VAX on ethernet.  I know
there is a PC version.

Thanks for any info!

--
Timothy A. Waire, Jr. (Whitegold)           Executive Office of the President
INTERNET: waire@seas.gwu.edu                Office of Management & Budget

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (03/20/91)

waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) writes:

> That title sorta says it, anyway, how does one send e-mail to someone with an
> account on America Online???  Is it possible??

Currently there is no gateway between the Internet and America Online.
However, there are indications that this may change in the future. Only
time will tell.

John

--
John A. Starta        Internet: tosh!starta@asuvax.eas.asu.edu
Micro Orchard Co.         UUCP: ...ncar!noao!asuvax!tosh!starta

koehn@vms.macc.wisc.edu (03/20/91)

In article <2888@sparko.gwu.edu>, waire@seas.gwu.edu (Timothy A. Waire Jr.) writes...
>That title sorta says it, anyway, how does one send e-mail to someone with an

I too am interested in Internet to AOL mail. If anyone finds anything out,
please let me know!

Brad Koehn
Brad_medil@media.medsch.wisc.edu
UW-Madison