[comp.sys.mac.misc] LC configurations

gerhard@cs.arizona.edu (Gerhard Mehldau) (03/20/91)

In article <7330@idunno.Princeton.EDU>, bskendig@light.Princeton.EDU (Brian Kendig) writes:

> I'm in the market for an LC, too.  Right now I'm leaning towards
> getting the machine with a 12" greyscale monitor.
>
> (Of course, if I can't get a two-floppy model, then I won't get an LC
> at all, but that's another story for another thread.  ;)
>
>      << Brian >>

I started a similar discussion a few weeks ago, since I, too, would prefer
a two-floppy (or even one-floppy) LC over the 2/40 model.  Judging from the
Apparently, some people had even called Apple directly and asked about this.
Apple's answer, if I remember correctly, was that this configuration _might_
be offered if there was enough demand for it (and if the K-12 market didn't
suck up all available units ...).

So, let's all make some noise and see if we can get Apple to make the 2/0
configuration available to us.  After all, it's being manufactured already
anyway, so there is hardly any extra effort required on Apple's part ...

- Gerhard

--
-> Gerhard Mehldau
   Dept. of Computer Science	internet: gerhard@cs.arizona.edu