[comp.sys.mac.misc] HELP with RasterOps 264 SE/30 card

Abraxas@itsgw.rpi.edu (Yi Sun) (03/19/91)

I just get a RasterOps 264 SE/30 card, I hooked up with the
Apple RGB monitor using 6.0.4.  I noticed that the display on
the SE/30 is jumping slightly (waves-like).  When I disconnect
the RGB, the problem disappeared.  Can anyone help me with this?

Also, to my dismay, Solarian II did not work, the screen went
blank after hitting the game level key.  Any clue?

appreciated.

Abraxas@rpi.edu

czychi@bernina.ethz.ch (Gary Czychi) (03/20/91)

In article <A5+==L{@rpi.edu> Abraxas@itsgw.rpi.edu (Yi Sun) writes:
>I just get a RasterOps 264 SE/30 card, I hooked up with the
>Apple RGB monitor using 6.0.4.  I noticed that the display on
>the SE/30 is jumping slightly (waves-like).  When I disconnect
>the RGB, the problem disappeared.  Can anyone help me with this?
>
>Also, to my dismay, Solarian II did not work, the screen went
>blank after hitting the game level key.  Any clue?
>
>Abraxas@rpi.edu

Fist of all, I would run one of the latest system versions, but in your
case, that doesn't seem to be the cause of your problems.

The waves on the SE screen come indeed from the 13" monitor, which you
placed to close to the Mac. If you move it a couple of inches away, the
display will be fine again.

There is a new release of Solarian, available from sumex.aim.stanford.edu (I
think) which adresses your problem. It should work on all color screens >=
13" and 256 colors.

Gary Czychi