[comp.sys.mac.misc] Whick font is used?

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (03/20/91)

If you have ATM 2.0 and TT on, which font is used when you request
Courier 27pt on the screen (or on the printer)?  Does one have
precedence over the other when both have the font?

jas
Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California

dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (<blank>) (03/20/91)

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:

>If you have ATM 2.0 and TT on, which font is used when you request
>Courier 27pt on the screen (or on the printer)?  Does one have
>precedence over the other when both have the font?

>jas
>--
>Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
>jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
>jas@isi.edu                    	| University of Southern California

I've been fiddling with that.  The simplest answer is: take away the ps fonts
of courier, helv, etc, just like you removed the bitmapped version to use TT.

I've discovered that ATM must load AFTER TT for things to work properly.

Even if you dont remove the postscript versions of your fonts, TT 'wins' when
you asjk for 27 pt courier.

Dan Walkowski                          | To understand recursion,
Univ. of Illinois, Dept. of Comp. Sci. |    you must first understand recursion.
walkowsk@cs.uiuc.edu                   |

costello@stx.UUCP (Michael E. Costello) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar19.201412.4992@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, dawg6844@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (<blank>) writes:

> >If you have ATM 2.0 and TT on, which font is used when you request
> >Courier 27pt on the screen (or on the printer)?  Does one have
> >precedence over the other when both have the font?

To the screen:  TT

To a non-Postscript printer:  TT

To a Postscript printer:  Postscript