[comp.sys.mac.misc] screen dump/capture on a/ux 2.0

siochil@csgrad.cs.vt.edu (03/13/91)

  I need to be able to obtain screen dumps of stuff running on a/ux 2.0's
CommandShell (mac32).  I'm having problems with the 'traditional'
apple-shift-3, etc., (the machine beeps at me).  The apple-shift-4 sort
of tries to work, but only some of the stuff is printed, and the rest is
'corrupted'.  Does anybody know of a program that will work with the
CommandShell?  (Or will I have to write one myself?)

I need screen dumps of a program I wrote so that I can include the
images in the program's manual.  Unfortunately, my program runs on A/UX2.0
under the CommandShell.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Lucia Siochi
siochil@csgrad.cs.vt.edu

maples@.UUCP (Greg Maples) (03/23/91)

In article <1033@creatures.cs.vt.edu> siochil@csgrad.cs.vt.edu () writes:

>  I need to be able to obtain screen dumps of stuff running on a/ux 2.0's
>CommandShell (mac32).  I'm having problems with the 'traditional'
>apple-shift-3, etc., (the machine beeps at me).  The apple-shift-4 sort
>of tries to work, but only some of the stuff is printed, and the rest is

We've been using a product called 'QuickShot' from BCI.  It's 32 bit
clean, and seems to run well from A/UX.  It supports several output
formats, including output to disk.  It installs as either/and an FKey
and DA.  The address for BCI (as of 4 months ago) is 15 wake robin rd.
po box 912, sudbury MA. 01776.  (508) 443-0075.  I don't remember what
we paid for it.

--
Greg Maples                      | These are my opinions, not yours. Keep your
Systems Group Leader             | hands off 'em. They're also not the opinions