[comp.sys.mac.misc] System Clock Won't Increment: Help

mil@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Maria I. Lasaga) (03/22/91)

Can anyone tell me why the system (v 6.02) software would not be incrementing
the day and time on a Mac Plus?  The machine is not mine,
but it is only a year old (and I imagine has always had this problem).
The date and time stays on whatever you set it to be on the control
panel, so all of the files have the same date and time of creation, etc.

What am I overlooking?  Also, will the fact that the "system's" time has not
been incrementing affect the accuracy of any timing routines that have used
VIA chip on this machine?

Thanks.

maria i. lasaga
department of psychology
gilmer hall
university of virginia
charlottesville, virginia 22903                mil@virginia

chai@hawk.cs.ukans.edu (Ian Chai) (03/23/91)

In article <1991Mar21.234054.20761@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> mil@mendel.acc.Virginia.EDU (Maria I. Lasaga) writes:
>Can anyone tell me why the system (v 6.02) software would not be incrementing
>the day and time on a Mac Plus?  The machine is not mine,
>but it is only a year old (and I imagine has always had this problem).
>The date and time stays on whatever you set it to be on the control
>panel, so all of the files have the same date and time of creation, etc.
Perhaps the battery (look on the back of the Plus, there's a panel like
what you find on clock radios) is dead?

--
Ian Chai        Internet: chai@cs.ukans.edu
                Bitnet:   2fntnougat@ukanvax