[comp.sys.mac.misc] Special HELP BALLOON resource info?!?!

klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) (03/26/91)

Attn:  Someone at Apple:

What is the format for the help resource that you insert into your
application so that when balloon help is "on" and you point at your app,
a bubble comes up telling you what the application does?  It's in the
System 7.0b4 patch files, "Cache" and "SerialINIT," yet I nuked them
(and can't find this particular resource anywhere) when I put a different
version of System 7.0 on my disk.

Thanks,

Steve Klingsporn
(I'm looking for the Pascal format -- email reply is fine -- any help would
be greatly appreciated).

Here's another quesiton (really quick):  I noticed the resources in the System
file that describe the new folders (Apple Menu Items, etc.).  How does one
(can one?) defina a new "special" folder that is used by an INIT or something
and has a special icon (w/o pasting an icon in "Get Info")...?  Is this
possible?  I'm writing a small background program that will take items from
a folder and mail them via CommToolbox -> unix machine dialup & retrieve
mail to this folder.  I'd like it to be called "Mail Box," and reside on
the desktop (or an alias on the desktop w/ the real thing in the System Folder).

Greg@AppleLink.Apple.Com (Greg Marriott) (03/27/91)

In article <13752@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, klingspo@mozart.cs.colostate.edu (Steve Klingsporn) writes:
> Here's another quesiton (really quick):  I noticed the resources in the
> System file that describe the new folders (Apple Menu Items, etc.).  How
> does one (can one?) defina a new "special" folder...

These resources are there so the names of folders known to the Folder
Manager can be localized.  There isn't a mechanism for adding "new" folders
to the Folder Manager.

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.