[comp.sys.mac.misc] Deep, dark, guarded secret!

slp9m@cc.usu.edu (03/26/91)

Well, not entirely.  I know I've read how to do it and I've even done it
before, but that was some time ago....

                >>>I WANT TO ZAP MY PARAMETER RAM!<<<

Now I can't find where it was I read how to do it, nor any reference to
how its done, anywhere!

Just what do you have hold down in order to get the job done?  Any help?

-Scott	slp9m@cc.usu.edu

ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Eric Behr) (03/28/91)

Cmd-shift-option while opening Control Panel
--
Eric Behr, Illinois State University, Mathematics Department
Internet: ejbehr@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu    Bitnet: ebehr@ilstu

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) (03/28/91)

In article <1991Mar25.193701.47152@cc.usu.edu> slp9m@cc.usu.edu writes:
>Well, not entirely.  I know I've read how to do it and I've even done it
>before, but that was some time ago....
>                >>>I WANT TO ZAP MY PARAMETER RAM!<<<
>Just what do you have hold down in order to get the job done?  Any help?
>-Scott	slp9m@cc.usu.edu

What you do is:
1) Select the apple menu (holding the mouse down)
2) Press command-option-shift and select the control panel
3) Answer question asking whether you want to ZAP the PRAM
4) That's it

Cheers
Al

Allan Burton           Phone +64 63 69099 x8564, Fax +64 63 505607
Macintosh Consultant,  TimeZone GMT +12,  Internet A.K.Burton@massey.ac.nz
Computer Centre, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand