[comp.sys.mac.misc] Missing 12Mb on hard disk - Seen Worse

schitre@euler.claremont.edu (03/31/91)

In article <1991Mar29.180302.1@wharton.upenn.edu>,
kashyap@wharton.upenn.edu writes:
> I would like to know where I am missing 12Mb? Is there any other way to recover
> it other than reformatting.

	I can beat that. A friend of mine has a Mac 128 (remember those?) at
home. He was borrowing my Mac SE to do an assignment, and popped in his disk
from home to store files on. Well, it was a system 1.1x disk. As soon as he
tried to launch a program, the system crashed and we had to restart. My system
restarted on his system 1.1x. My 45MB hard drive showed up as a floppy. The
25MB of data on it showed up as 0k. I was pretty scared.

> thanx,
> Ramkumar Kashyap

	Sunil