[comp.sys.mac.misc] font downloader-type program wanted

jjk@jupiter.astro.umd.edu (Jim Klavetter) (04/02/91)

I have need for a program which will take a text file and download it
to an apple laserwriter IINT.  Specifically, it is a small postscript
program.  So I want to send this text file as a program instead of
text that should be printed.

From the manual for a product that needs this:

	...save it as a text file.  use the Adobe Font Downloader, or
	a similar utility, to download the file to the printer as a
	PostScript file.

So I'm looking for some similar utility since I don't have Adobe Font
Downloader.  Alternatively, if AFD is free or shareware, a site from
which I can get it.

Thanks for any help.

jjk@astro.umd.edu also for Athabasca and Reudi
Jim Klavetter
Astronomy
UMD
College Park, MD  20742

derosa@motcid.UUCP (John DeRosa) (04/03/91)

jjk@jupiter.astro.umd.edu (Jim Klavetter) writes:

>I have need for a program which will take a text file and download it
>to an apple laserwriter IINT...........

>	...save it as a text file.  use the Adobe Font Downloader, or
>	a similar utility, to download the file to the printer as a
>	PostScript file.

Adobe has released this downloader for public use.  It can
be found in the Sumex archives as UTIL/SENDPS-20.HQX.  Apple
also has a similar product called LaserWriter Font Utility.
It came with the True Type font stuff and is free also.

Both of them will download fonts and PostScript files
to a PostScript printer.
--
=       John DeRosa, Motorola, Inc, Cellular Infrastructure Group          =
= e-mail:    ...uunet!motcid!derosaj, motcid!derosaj@uunet.uu.net          =