[comp.sys.mac.misc] Error Window occasionally with only a '>'

kentiler@festus.ksu.ksu.edu (Kent Iler) (04/03/91)

Hello,
  I have occasionally been getting a strange error box popping up with
only a '>' in it.  It kind-of reminds me of macbug, but I try typing
rb and reboot and nothing happens.  It also sometimes happens when I
press the pause/interrupt button on the side of the mac.  Anyone
know how to get rid of this box and get back to the application or
the finder???  Thanks.

                                       Kent P. Iler

---You cannot achieve the impossible without attempting the absurd---
Kent P. Iler              | Internet : kentiler@ksuvm.ksu.edu
Kansas State University   |          : kentiler@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Cardwell Hall-RM 25       | Bitnet   : kentiler@ksuvm
Manhattan, Kansas 66506   Mainframe Consultant

niko@iastate.edu (Schuessler Nikolaus E) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr2.175439.16433@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> kentiler@festus.ksu.ksu.edu (Kent Iler) writes:
>Hello,
>  I have occasionally been getting a strange error box popping up with
>only a '>' in it.  It kind-of reminds me of macbug, but I try typing
>rb and reboot and nothing happens.  It also sometimes happens when I
>press the pause/interrupt button on the side of the mac.  Anyone
>know how to get rid of this box and get back to the application or
>the finder???  Thanks.
>
>                                       Kent P. Iler

Try 'G<RETURN>'

--

paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr2.175439.16433@maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> kentiler@festus.ksu.ksu.edu (Kent Iler) writes:
>Hello,
>  I have occasionally been getting a strange error box popping up with
>only a '>' in it.  It kind-of reminds me of macbug, but I try typing

It's confusing, the prompt is really supposed to be  "A> " but in
order to avoid look-and-feel suits from MS they had to abreviate it :-)

	Paul

--
Paul Campbell    UUCP: ..!mtxinu!taniwha!paul     AppleLink: CAMPBELL.P

"But don't we all deserve.
 More than a kinder and gentler fuck" - Two Nice Girls, "For the Inauguration"