[comp.sys.mac.misc] Boo Hoo - lost my Blue Hue!

robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) (04/04/91)

I suddenly lost blue color on my Apple color monitor the other
day! Now I am seeing mostly sickly yellow-greenish colors on
its screen.

I have played around with all the color settings available in
the Control Panel, but there are simply no blue choices available
anywhere.

Almost certainly this is a hardware problem. Anyone out there had
an experience of lost color on an Apple monitor? ie you found out
it was the card or the monitor or an adjustment or . . .

I am working on a IIcx, presumably with an Apple 8-bit card.

Thanks much.
--
* Rob Weinberg, graphics & publishing ***** Does a falling tree make a sound *
*  {uunet,pyramid}!infmx!robertw      *****   if  1: no one hears it         *

Greg@AppleLink.Apple.Com (Greg Marriott) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr3.224019.15153@informix.com>, robertw@informix.com (Robert Weinberg) writes:

> I suddenly lost blue color on my Apple color monitor the other
> day! Now I am seeing mostly sickly yellow-greenish colors on
> its screen.

Check your video cable.  Wiggle it around a bit and see if the blue comes
back.  If this doesn't do it, try a different cable (see if you can
borrow one).  If THIS doesn't do it, then it could be the monitor or video
card that is screwing up.

Greg Marriott
Blue Meanie
Apple Computer, Inc.