[comp.sys.mac.misc] TrueType fonts

kmagel@plains.NoDak.edu (ken magel) (04/04/91)

     I downloaded the true type fonts version 1.0 from appl.com and used
font da/mover version 4.1 ( included ) to install them.  How do I get the
fonts to work????  I installed them in system 6.0.7, but there are no
directions included and there were no directions in the file I got from
apple.com ( although there was a license agreement which I read).  Font/da
mover complained or seemed to complain about some sort of outline font system
not being installed.  Where is that outline font system??

stanger@otago.ac.nz (Nigel Stanger) (04/05/91)

In article <9406@plains.NoDak.edu>, kmagel@plains.NoDak.edu (ken magel) writes:

>      I downloaded the true type fonts version 1.0 from appl.com and used
> font da/mover version 4.1 ( included ) to install them.  How do I get the
> fonts to work????  I installed them in system 6.0.7, but there are no
> directions included and there were no directions in the file I got from
> apple.com ( although there was a license agreement which I read).  Font/da
> mover complained or seemed to complain about some sort of outline font system
> not being installed.  Where is that outline font system??

What I did was install the new fonts into the system file, then
delete all the old fonts with the same names. I can't remember
whether I put the TrueType INIT in the System Folder before or
after I installed the fonts, but I don't think it would make any
difference. Once you have done all this, the fonts should work
fine - the only problem I had was that Font/DA Mover wouldn't let
me modify the System file while MultiFinder was active. Hope that
helps some.
--
See ya
                                Nigel.